Thursday, October 27, 2011

Gratitude Up North!

What?  Jennifer Ferris moved up north?  Can this be true? 

Yes, the rumor is true.  We are now residents of Houghton Lake, Michigan...officially "Up North".  But, we are still trolls.  We did not cross the bridge. 
And guess what? 
I LOVE IT!  It is so incredibly beautiful here.  Most mornings when I look out the window all I can say is, "thank you."  Gratitude.  That is the one feeling that most describes the last 3 months.  When things seemed pretty bleak, I kept reminding myself and my children of our many, many blessings.  I just knew that the Master of the Universe had great plans for us.   And it looks like I was right.  He was sick of hearing my whining and complaining.  Once I changed my tune to something more like praise, things began turning around.  And they turned around fast, too!  If you would have told me 4 months ago that this would be my life, I would not haved believed it.  I longed to go south and I never appreciated that I lived in Michigan.  Well, now that I've seen the pristine beauty that belongs to the northern parts, I can honestly say that I am grateful to live in such a lovely state. 

So, now I'm inspired to blog again.  And I'm inspired to create and work. 

No comments: